Study Visa & Residency


EU Citizens

If you are an EU citizen or a European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein) citizen, you do not need a visa to enter Poland. However, you need a passport and a residence permit to study in Poland, because EU citizens can stay in Poland without these documents for no longer than 90 days. When you arrive, you should immediately apply for a one-year temporary residence permit from the voivodeship where you are living. The residence permit needs to be extended every year until the completion of your studies




Non-EU Citizens

If you are a non-EU national accepted as a student of our programme, you will have to apply for a Polish student visa in your country of origin prior to your coming to Poland. You can download an application form for a Polish visa from here:

As a student you will need to request a multiple-entry visa, which permits the residence on the territory of Poland for one year (either continuous residence or multiple consecutive period of residence).


IMPORTANT: You must apply for a temporary residence permit (valid for a period of one year) in the Lublin Voivodeship Office no later than on the last day of legal residence in Poland. You can find more detailed information on applying for a residence permit here:


Temporary Residence Permit Information Brochure pdf.






Lublin Voivodeship Office

Citizens’ Affairs and Foreigners Department


ul.Czechowska 15

20-914 Lublin

tel. +48 81 74-24-549

Enquiries are handled in Polish. However, the Office provides information in foreign languages:

– English: tel. +48 81-74-24-559