The MSc programme includes clinical placements, integrated throughout the course. It enables students to gain valuable experience and enhance their learning. There is an opportunity to do practical training under the supervision of highly-qualified physiotherapists in a range of clinical facilities located locally, nationally and internationally.
The graduates of BSc Physiotherapy have sufficient qualifications for working in public and private healthcare institutions, physical rehabilitation centres, sports centres, sanatoriums, wellness and fitness centres, massage salons, and also for working as self-employed physiotherapists. They can also choose to work in alternative settings such as academia, rehabilitation centres, nursing homes, schools for physically challenged children, educational centres, sport centres, Spa & Wellness facilities, fitness clubs, health and beauty clinics. Additional employment opportunities exist for researchers, advisors or consultants in educational, industrial or government institutions. This extensive variety of career opportunities makes physiotherapy an exciting profession.
Administration fee (non-refundable) – 200 Euro
Tuition fee (per year) – 3100 Euro
In order to make a transfer for studies conducted in English you will need the following transfer details:
Name: Akademia Nauk Stosowanych Wincentego Pola w Lublinie / Vincent Pol University
Name of the Bank: Santander Bank Polska S.A.
Bank Address: ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 37, 20-950 Lublin, Poland
Swift Code(BIC): WBKPPLPP
Foreign currency account – held in EURO
Beneficiary’s Account No: PL 81 1500 1520 1215 2009 1373 0000
Foreign currency account – held in USD
Beneficiary’s Account No: PL 58 1500 1520 1215 2009 9858 0000
Full costs of transfer are on the Student’s side. The university should receive full fees.
General Entry Requirements:
International students applying to our University have to submit documents confirming their graduation from a secondary school or a university. Certificates and diplomas issued abroad must be officially legalized and recognized in Poland.
International students must submit a document confirming their knowledge of English, or are required to a attend an English language course. This requirement does not apply to students for whom English is a native language or was a language of instruction at school.
International students should demonstrate that they meet one of the following minimum language requirements:
TOEFL test with a score of at least 550,
IELTS test with a score of at least 6.0 for Bachelor and Master studies,
FCE test with grade B.
• Foreign language (elective courses: English, Spanish, German)
• World health care systems
• Sociology (General sociology, Sociology of disability)
• Psychology (General psychology, Clinical psychology)
• Didactics of physiotherapy
• Foundations of law (Medical law, Civil law, Labour law)
• Public health
• Demography and epidemiology
• Methodology of scientific research and statistics
• Economics and health systems
• Management and marketing
• History of rehabilitation
• Sport activities
• Anatomy (Functional anatomy, Normal anatomy, Radiological anatomy)
• Medical biology
• Physiology (General physiology, Exercise physiology, Physiology of pain)
• Pharmacology in physiotherapy
• First aid
• Clinical biomechanics
• General pathology
• Motor skills teaching methodology and motor education
• Introduction to physiotherapy
• Physical medicine (Physical therapy, Balneoclimatology, Biological regeneration)
• Manual therapy
• Preventative physiotherapy and health promotion
• Special methods in physiotherapy
• Functional motor activity and physical activities for the disabled
• Medical Devices (orthopedic appliances, prosthetics and orthotics)
• Clinical bases of physiotherapy in:
• Orthopedics, Traumatology and sports medicine, Rheumatology, Neurology and neurosurgery, Pediatrics and pediatric neurology, Cardiology and cardiosurgery, Pulmunology, Surgery, Obstetrics and gynecology, Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Intensive medical care, Oncology and palliative medicine
• Clinical physiotherapy in:
• Orthopedics, Traumatology and sports medicine, Rheumatology, Neurology and pediatric neurology, Cardiology and cardiosurgery, Pulmunology, Surgery, Obstetrics and gynecology, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Oncology and
• Functional diagnostics and rehabilitation programming in:
Dysfunctions of locomotor system, Internal medicine, Developmental age
• Neurodevelopmental techniques (PNF, Neuromobilisation)
• Rules for writing papers and public speaking
• Foundations of diagnostic radiology
• Nutrition in sport
• Manual therapy (Kinesio Taping KT)
• Foundations of care for the disabled
• Corrective physical exercises
• Active forms of relaxation
• Master’s seminar
• Physiotherapy practical training
• Semester practical training
Physiotherapy is a medical profession providing healthcare services with respect to restoring and maintaining proper body functionality and mobility. In many settings, physical therapy is combined with other medical services, aimed at prevention and treatment of illnesses. The main aim of Physiotherapy studies is to educate professionals qualified for the professional career in healthcare.
Pursuant to the new act on the profession of physiotherapist, § 17, section 1 of the regulation of Minister of Science and Higher Education of 26 September 2016, on conditions of studies, Physiotherapy will be offered only as long-cycle master degree studies among other programmes like: Medicine, Medicine and Dentistry, Laboratory Medicine, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Law, and Canon Law.
Students who want to work as physiotherapists in Poland and start their 5-year long-cycle Master degree programme in Physiotherapy after 1st October 2017, are obliged to complete 6-month practical training after graduation, take National Specialization Exam for Physiotherapists, and register themselves in the National Physiotherapy Registry.
Our 5-year full-time MSc degree programme has been developed with full reference to recent changes in health service provisions in EU and within education standards and directives of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT).The programme includes classes and lectures taught by experienced and highly qualified teaching staff, including senior physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals. Students attend both theoretical classroom-based learning and practical clinical-based training. They gain the knowledge of the most up-to-date forms of manual therapy (e.g. Kinesiotaping) and rejuvenation and wellness therapy (e.g. sports massage, sports nutrition, relaxation techniques).
MSc in Physiotherapy prepares students for independent work with ill and disabled patients applying physical methods with preventive and healing purposes. Students gain the abilities of planning and controlling the effectiveness of a medical rehabilitation process. Acquiring these abilities is possible thanks to an extensive schedule of theoretical and practical classes within special methods used in physiotherapy, neurodevelopmental techniques (PNF,neuromobilisation), physical medicine and functional diagnosis and rehabilitation programming. Graduates are prepared for work in scientific research institutions, state administrative and municipal centers and gain the right to apply for a specialty in physiotherapy and PhD studies.
Apart from the compulsory study programme, students have the opportunity to attend voluntary supplemental certified courses.